"Let unity, the greatest good of all goods, be your preoccupation." - St. Ignatius of Antioch (Letter to St. Polycarp)

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Christ is Risen!


Resurrection (1463-65)
Piero della Francesca

Last night at the Easter Vigil at the Saint Louis Cathedral Basilica I had the privilege of being a sponsor for a candidate who was received into full communion with the Church, received the sacrament of Confirmation, and received first Holy Communion. (Some photos here.) All the words I have typed on this blog feel like straw compared to the joy of that moment last night. Congratulations Edward!

I also want to congratulate and rejoice with my friend Eric, who was baptized last night and, together with his wife, received into the Church. I also want to congratulate Courtney Wegener, who was also received into full communion with the Church last night, in Hillsdale, Michigan.

There is no substitute for full communion. Let us continue to pray diligently that all those who believe in Christ would be joined in full communion with His Church.

1 comment:

Oso Famoso said...

Amen...just one year ago for me.

I tell you what...prayer works. A friend of mine was received into the Church on the Easter Vigil as well. I firmly believe that our prayers are being answered. I have about 4 friends who are all very seriously and prayerfully considering being reconciled to the Church and entering into full communion. One of them shocks me, frankly. I didn't believe it when I heard it. Continue to pray for those that are going to make this journey next year.